›Steel Beams Bulk Checker. Check all the beams in the AISC Library at once.
Steel Beams Bulk Checker is an easy-to-use, flexible and customizable universal app that allows you to check the suitability in bulk (all at once) of simply-supported, compact & semi-compact beams. It also allows you to check for a given, specific beam (if the beam designation appears in the searchable PASSING BEAMS window, the beam is ok).
- Contains the latest AISC v14 Database.
Supports both US Custom or Metric Unit systems.
- Searchable & Sortable Results page
- Works with any Yield value below 65ksi / 450 MPa.
- Select whether or not the self-weight of each beam is to be considered.
- Define bracing @ Beam Ends, Half or Quarter of span, or fully braced.
- Solve for all the sections for a given type, the first 10 or 50 (in increasing weight order), saving calculation time for shape types with a large number of designations (W, HSS, 2L, etc)
- All your preferences are instantly saved, no need to re-enter a value that does not change between problems.
- Multi-Tasking enabled, pick up your work from where you left it last time.
- Detail window reports max moment and shear, bending & allowed bending stress, shear & allowed shear stress, deflections and problem set-up summary.
- ASD9 based solver
The application checks for bending & shear stresses as the passing criteria. It also reports deflections, it's to the user, however, to decide whether the deflections are within acceptable limits.
Only singly or doubly symmetric shapes are considered, hence, single angles are not included in this release. Double angles (2L) sections are included BUT assumed to be under continuos contact.
Whether you are in the field or in the office, we are sure that you'll find this app very useful.
Should you find any errors or bugs, please contact us at www.TheMobileEngineer.com or email the developer at david@TheMobileEngineer.com
and we will immediately get to fix it.
As always, GOOD engineering judgement & experience is needed when using these types of technical applications.